For those waiting on a traditional wood handle saw, here you are! These saws are crafted from domestic hardwoods. We have strengthened the handle and increased the weight to better balance the saw with a 7/16th diameter brass rod inserted in the handle. This gets the saws weight up with the Ebony Resin saws.
(The associated video demonstrates the characteristics of the Rob Cosman's Professional Dovetail Saw, but does not feature the domestic wood handle)
- Split lines with the Super Fine 22tpi starting tip, then finish the cut with just a few strokes of the aggessive 15 tpi blade
- The Extra weight of this saw provides better balance, smoother cuts and helps you feel “perpendicular”
- Our Very slight .002” (per side) set makes for dead straight saw cuts and smooth ready to glue surfaces right from the saw
- Our “Craftsman made” saws and cases have that precise fit and finish you will appreciate
- Peened and flushed copper pins help secure the blade to the brass back
- A pair of Brass split nuts secure the handle to the blade and also to the brass back
- In “old world” style, the saw comes packed in a sturdy pine crate made by Dave here in our shop
Currently available in White Oak or Black Cherry, with more domestic woods coming soon.
Handles are finished with Tung oil and wax.