Rob Cosman's Mortise Gauge Attachment
My mortise gauge attachment easily fits into the body of my Rob Cosman Marking Gauge and you instantly have a mortising gauge. The attachment also fits my "Cosmanized" Woodriver Marking Gauge and any other marking gauge that uses a 5/16 inch diameter rod.
- Designed for marking mortise in furniture making.
- Marking Range: 3/16 inch wide mortise to 11/16 inch wide mortise.
- Works best for marking cuts between 1/4 inch to 5/8 inch wide
- Designed primarily for marking out the tenons but works for the mortise as well
- Place your mortise chisel between the cutters, using the knurled handled snug up the cutters to the chisel and lock them in place. Now your gauge perfectly matches the width of your chisel.
- Lay out your tenons and the bevel / waste side of the gauge is perfectly located.
- Rob recommends marking the mortise using just one line instead of two as its much easier to register your chisel to one line verses two lines.
A brass knurled locking handle
An O-1 hardened cutter.
Save yourself money and set-up time and purchase one of my Marking Gauges and the attachment as a Kit. Click on the "Kits" tab on this page