Rob Cosman's Plane AdjuSTAR - Stanley & Record Version (BETA)
*******READ BEFORE PURCHASING******
This is the BETA version of our newest Plane AdjuSTAR. It is designed to fit older Stanley and Record planes; however, there is one issue you must be aware of - keep reading!
Stanley and Record made tens of thousands of planes and the standards of production varies between planes depending on when they were manufactured. In particular, the threads on the adjusting knob rods are quite coarse and sloppy. We have tested our AdjuSTAR on numerous Stanley and Record planes and it fits, but we want to do some more testing, thus we are offering this BETA test version.
We are offering this Plane AdjuSTAR at a BETA price significantly below the eventual retail price. There are only two catches:
- There are NO RETURNS, even if the AdjuSTAR does not fit your Stanley or Record plane.
- You must email firstname.lastname@example.org after fitting your AdjuSTAR to your plane and tell us:
- What plane type you tried, Stanley or Record?
- What # of bench plane did you try it on?
- Did it work / fit or not?
- Should fit Stanley and Record #3 through #8 Planes. NOTE: With the #3 plane there is not much room for your hand after installing the AdjuSTAR
- Requires removal of handle to install (see installation video).
- 1-7/8 inch outside diameter.