Rob Cosman's Plane AdjuSTAR
Do you find that using your WoodRiver or Lie-Nielsen plane's adjusting knob is a bit difficult? Well we did and decided to fix that by creating our Plane AdjuSTAR adjusting knob to replace the original adjusting knob on most WoodRiver and Lie-Nielsen bench planes.
Our Plane AdjuSTAR is larger and much easier to use than the original adjusting knob allowing you to make adjustments to your blade depth setting easily. Our design makes it easier for you to reach and turn the adjuster with your fingers and easier for you to reach the frog adjustment screw with a screwdriver. We know you will love our Plane AdjuSTAR.
- Fits WoodRiver bench planes numbers 4-1/2, 5, 5-1/2, 6, and 7. (WILL NOT fit number 1, 3,or 4).
- Fits Lie-Nielsen bench planes numbers 4-1/2, 5, 5-1/2, 6, 7, and 8. (WILL NOT fit number 1, 3, or 4, or 5-1/4).
- Requires removal of handle to install (see installation video).
- Not designed to fit any other plane brands.
- 1-7/8 inch outside diameter.
Innovative idea that works.
Excellent! All RC tools are excellent well thought and usually address a problem that has challenged woodworkers!
I’m loving it works great.
After installing the Star adjuster on my Lie Nielson 5-1/2 I have to say it makes adjusting the plane much easier. The on the fly blade adjustments are effortless.
Sadly this doesn't fit my M7-1.0 35mm stud. Is there something that can be done to help me fix this problem. I am 70 and my hands are small woman's hands and I just don't have the strength that I used to. I have been looking at where to fine another left handed stud to fit my plane, but no luck. The left handed part is the problem in the U.S.A.