Cosmanized WoodRiver Moxon Vise Hardware Kit
A Moxon Vise named after Joseph Moxon, who described the vise in his book titled Mechanick Exercises) is a great vise, and best of all it is easy to build yourself. A Moxon vise is especially useful for cutting dovetails and sawing because it holds the material rock solid, and the middle of the vise is not obstructed by vise hardware. All you need is some 8/4 hardwood for the jaws and our "Cosmanized" hardware kit to make whatever vise size to best suits your needs.
We "Cosmanize" the WoodRiver Moxon Vise kit by adding two vise springs, two revolving knobs, and drilling and tapping a hole in each of the wheels for mounting the revolving knob. These additions take the WoodRiver Moxon Vise kit to the next level.
- Moxon hardware only (Kit DOES NOT include wooded jaws).
- 2 x 5 inch wheels.
- 2 x 3/4 inch x 8 inch long acme threaded screws.
- 4 x Acme threaded nuts with washers.
- 2 x 3 inch long jaw opening springs (compressed spring length is 3/4 inch).
- 2 x revolving knobs.
- General instructions for making the traditional style Moxon Vise.