Rob Cosman's Plane AdjuSTAR
Do you find that using your WoodRiver or Lie-Nielsen plane's adjusting knob is a bit difficult? Well we did and decided to fix that by creating our Plane AdjuSTAR adjusting knob to replace the original adjusting knob on most WoodRiver and Lie-Nielsen bench planes.
Our Plane AdjuSTAR is larger and much easier to use than the original adjusting knob allowing you to make adjustments to your blade depth setting easily. Our design makes it easier for you to reach and turn the adjuster with your fingers and easier for you to reach the frog adjustment screw with a screwdriver. We know you will love our Plane AdjuSTAR.
- Fits WoodRiver bench planes numbers 4-1/2, 5, 5-1/2, 6, and 7. (WILL NOT fit number 1, 3,or 4).
- Fits Lie-Nielsen bench planes numbers 4-1/2, 5, 5-1/2, 6, 7, and 8. (WILL NOT fit number 1, 3, or 4, or 5-1/4).
- Requires removal of handle to install (see installation video).
- Not designed to fit any other plane brands.
- 1-7/8 inch outside diameter.
My thumbs and finger joints thank you. As with all Cosman products it just works. A little tight on my #4 smoother depending on blade position, but even that at normal range is easier to adjust. Another great idea!
What a difference in the operation of the plane. Rob is a design genius with this design.
Great improvement. Using on my L-N planes. My stiff figures had problems with the standard 'Stanley' style brass wheels. These work just great. THANKS ROB!
I just installed the AdjuSTAR on my Lie Nielsen No. 9 Cabinet Maker's and the adjusting is SO much easier. Certainly worth the investment in such a nice plane, improves the performance considerably.
Innovative idea that works.